Pages

Screencast #1 :: Creating a seamless tiled pattern

Here’s my first screencast, which has been a quest of mine for while now. Working with video file formats and video players has certainly been a learning curve and there’s been much frustration and a few expletives over the last week. My player of choice just wouldn’t play nice (pardon the pun) in Firefox and while I sort that out I’ve presented this one in Flash but if you’d like to watch it offline or on an iPad (or other Webkit browser) you can download it. It’s not very polished but I’m sure I’ll get better over time.

Running Time: 6:46

Direct Download: High Quality, Quicktime .M4V format (Apple TV Ready)

P.S. Let me know if you have any issues with viewing the video.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on Google+

, , ,

7 Responses to Screencast #1 :: Creating a seamless tiled pattern

1. Eileen March 4, 2011 at 6:24 pm #

Fantastic, Libby! ok…now I really have to get photoshop! I’ve never worked in photoshop, so I would need to watch this a few more times. I’m really excited that you’re creating a series of screencasts!
    ps.. you sound adorable! 🙂

• Libby March 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm #

Oh Eileen you are so sweet but I think I sound terrible. I now understand why my colleague makes fun of some of my words. I have a very strange Australian/North American mix that I didn’t realise until I listened to this. Any suggestions for the next screencast?

• Eileen March 4, 2011 at 8:14 pm #

Your voice is beautiful! I wish I had a voice like that 🙂 I think a screencast on making a screencast would be terrific..I’ve never heard of screencast until your post… 🙂 soooo…perfect! ohhh and it’ll be fun to see what Brandi does!
        Eileen recently posted..Happy Valentines Day!

2. Brandi March 4, 2011 at 6:58 pm #

Oh, Libby, I think this is fantastic!

I spent Thursday playing around with my own screen cast. I finally got comfortable with the program and got the video made, but now I have no idea how to get it on my blog. One day I’ll figure it out, but good on you!!

P.S. I’m with Eileen – I like your voice!

• Libby March 4, 2011 at 7:15 pm #

Maybe my next screencast should be on how to create a screencast.

3. misssrobin March 5, 2011 at 7:04 pm #

That was totally cool! It’s not something I ever thought about doing, but now I might try it.

Even if I never use what I learned, it was worth it because I got to hear your voice and your cool accent. Well done.
    misssrobin recently posted..My Power Songs

4. MARY ZANONE March 11, 2011 at 3:26 am #

Wow Libs, I was always trying to make patterns in Illustrator by itself. I will try this way.Thanks. Nice webcast as well.